Changing passwords on a regular basis
22 April 2016
To that end, your AUBnet password will expire on the 27th of April 2016 at 12:00 PM (Beirut Time) for the Faculty of Heath Science and on the 3rd of April 2016 at 11:00AM for the rest of Faculties. You should change your password in compliance with AUBnet password policy before those dates.
Please Note: whenever your password expires, you will no longer be able to access AUB services including wireless, VPN, email, etc. You will only be able to change your password as per the below steps.
To change your AUBnet password please follow below steps:
1- Go to AUB website
2- Select “Change Password” under the “Quick Links” dropdown menu
Some applications/services (such as Outlook, AUBdot1x Wireless, etc.) will prompt you to re-enter your new password.
For assistance in setting up the new password for AUBdot1x and email, you can review the guide available at AUB’s support website reachable through the following steps:
1- Go to AUB website
2- Click on A-Z, at the top of the page
3- Search for and select “Computing and Networking Services (CNS) - now Office of Information Technology (IT)”
4- Select “Support” from the side menu of the Office of Information Technology page
5- Select "FAQ” under “FAQ, FORMS & RESOURCES” at the lower right
6- Select “Set up password for Mail and Wifi”
To formulate a strong password, you have to follow the below password complexity rules:
• NEW password should be different from the all previously used passwords.
• Passwords must contain at least 8 characters.
• Passwords must contain 2 or more numerical digits.
• Passwords must contain 2 or more special characters like @ # % * ( ) - + < > , ! $ ` " ^ ' . |
• Passwords must contain at least one upper case letter.
• It is preferable not to use any of the following: common english words, your name, your date of birth, your phone number, your username, AUB, Lebanon, or any character patterns such as qwerty or 12345
For further details please contact the IT Helpdesk by email at email@example.com or by phone at 2260.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.